Parking Lot View
View from Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard and Trail
Started in 1995, the Center began as an outreach to the community from Woods Church when it was purchased from the YMCA of Severna Park.
The Center is no longer affiliated with the YMCA, and was renamed The Severna Park Community Center to reflect its openness to all in the community. SPCC holds is own mortgage and is a non-profit organization supported by an Executive Director and a working Board of Directors comprised of 16 members of the greater Severna Park Community.
SPCC is a non-membership facility. You pay only for the program or activity of interest.
In 1997, through the gracious donations of members of the community and a small amount of county funding, a $6m renovation and expansion began, transforming the corner of Cypress and B&A Blvd. In Severna Park into a state-of-the-art public recreation and meeting facility. The Severna Park Community Center is the only one if its kind in the area.
Though the building is complete, SPCC continues fundraising to pay off the cost of the expansion and the remaining construction debt.
Highlights of the campus include:
• 36,000 square feet of meeting and recreation space for public use
• Two pools – one 25-yard competitive and one heated therapy – managed by Severna Park Swim Association (SPSA), home of SPY Aquatics
• Three dance studios, home of Mary Carter School of Dance
• 6,500 square-foot gymnasium with volleyball and basketball set-ups for use by individuals or organizations
• Three large meeting rooms and two activity/meeting rooms.
The campus also includes the 3,200 square-foot Holy Grounds Youth Center, available for meetings and activities, and a bricked outdoor plaza. All space is handicapped accessible.
All facilities (meeting rooms, gymnasium, Holy Grounds, pools) are available for rent to the public.
Click here for more information!